Monday, May 7, 2012

Performance Nourishes the Soul! Rungo Stars Come Out Saturday!

'Click, click, click, click' sounded the sticks as we marched through the players entrance leading to the grassy patched field of the old Tampa Stadium. In our line we stood, awaiting our cue to traverse across the field to our designated spots. We could hear the whisking sounds of our capes as we snapped into our turns like a squad of well trained soldiers. We took our places, the horns belted out their introduction and blinded by the lights, off came the capes and the dance was on! I will never forget the feeling that I had nor the size of my goose bumbs.

This Saturday my group of girls, the Rungo Stars Dance Team, is making their debut. I can't wait for them to collectively experience what I experienced in high school 30 years ago.

It doesn't matter how old you are; performing nourishes your soul. There is something about the absolute charge that overcomes someone when they perform. It is such an uplifting yet nerve wracking proposition. The confidence goes through the roof and the exhilaration lasts a long time like a battery charge. Try it, you may love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment