Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why Dance?

Have you ever been on the dance floor letting loose and experiencing great expressive moments and movements when you realize many eyes in the room are watching you? It's one thing to turn heads because you are attractive or have on a cool outfit but it's another story to turn heads because something you are doing is magnetic.  Is it the joy that people want?  Is is happiness they seek?  Is it the ability to let go and share?

 How come some people are not any fun to watch and others are; and it has nothing to do with skill level.  I know plenty of highly trained skillful dancers that are boring to watch.  Or is it that they are not giving? A very interesting question.  I am aware of many dancers who are not highly skilled but a blast to watch and dance with or next to;   my dad, for starters.  His style has always been referred to as 'minestrone' but the ladies love dancing with him.  In fact that's how my mom and dad met.  He was the only American GI that really had fun out there and according to my mother 'knew what he was doing' ......so that's why I am here........So in an indirect way my existence is because  a man and woman connected on that level.  My dad is a very giving, loving expressive human being.......on and off the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment