Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Smile Goes A Long Way!

I am a dance professional of 20 years.  I walked into  work this morning and thought 'wow, how lucky I am that I get to go to work everday and do something that I love to do.'  How many can say that? I love to teach people how to dance and achieve their goals!  I may not drive a new car, or have fancy clothes or even be rich in  material things but I am rich in my smile.  I think of the many ways I have touched peoples' lives and the many ways that they  have touched mine and I smile.

I was teaching a Father of the Bride last night and his wife was standing in for the Bride. The one thing  he did most of the lesson,  wasn't get the steps but  it was make a smile.  Though the steps were awkward and foreign he wore a smile on his face and it went such a long way.  Attitude is everything. I  told him the guests at the wedding will be mesmorized by his smile first, dancing second.

My dad's big on smiling.  He always lights up a room when he walks in with his ear to ear.  He's like a Christmas tree. I will always remember him smiling at me as a child when he would zip up the driveway on his way home from work; ah the great memories of the world!

So for those of you who don't smile or underestimate a smile I urge you to take the smile plunge.  Smile and see what happens.  It's impossible to frown when you are smiling. Do a dance, share a smile and have a laugh! Oh, go ahead and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment